If you work with homeless youth or families, you know they don’t always have access to fresh, nutritious food. When people don't eat right, it can affect both their physical and mental health, making it even harder to recover from challenges. The good news is that even with a tight budget, your youth- and family-serving organization can help.
In honor of National Nutrition Month, we're offering six tips for providing and promoting good nutrition without breaking the bank. Check out the slideshow, then learn more about each suggestion using the resources below.
- "New Guidance on When Eligible Students Can Begin Receiving Free School Meals"
- "Homeless Youth Under 18 Can Apply for Food Assistance, and Other Clarifications of SNAP Regulations"
- "Free Food for Youth-Serving Nonprofits"
- "Capitalize on National Nutrition Month"
- Feeding America Food Bank Map
- U.S. Department of Agriculture MyPlate Community and National Strategic Partners